March 19, 2017

Control Freaks March Blog Hop!



Spring Is Here is our theme this month for the Control Freaks March Blog Hop. Welcome! If you are visiting me first, I'll direct you to the next stop at the end of my post! If you arrived here from Wendy Weixler's blog, what did you think of her springy projects? Pretty neat huh?


I have a trio of projects today, created with the Special Reason Bundle. I haven't played around too much with this bundle so I thought today was the day to sit and play!




 Card #1:




For this card, I cut a hole in the Watermelon Wonder Cardstock and added a layer of Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock from behind. I then glued the panel over the Carried Away Designer Paper layer using Stampin' Dimensionals. The circle in the center was cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Whisper White Cardstock and served as my background for my stamped images. I even colored the White Perfect Accents in the center of the flower with an orange Permanent marker!


Card #2:




The second card uses the largest flower die in the center which cuts out all of the guts. I layered the Whisper White Cardstock layer over a Watermelon Wonder Cardstock piece so the color pops through from behind the flower. I added stamped flowers, die-cut flowers and stamped leaves. For the card base, I stamped tone-on-tone with Sahara Sand Ink on Sahara Sand Cardstock with the leaf image.


My final project uses the Mini Egg Cartons to create a coordinating treat holder. I first wrapped a piece of the Carried Away Designer Paper around the carton. 12" was not quite enough so I added a smaller piece to join both ends. I then added the Organza Ribbon and tied a bow off to the side:




All of the flowers and leaves are either die-cut or stamped and die-cut. I added a cluster of Pearl Jewels in the center of the large flower to coordinate with Card #2.




I hope you will take the whole tour and visit all of my Control Freaks teammates. Next in line after me is the wonderful Kelly Acheson I just know you are going to love her projects. Thanks so much for visiting!


http://inkspiredtreasures.com/cards/controlfreaksmar2017/


3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite bundle, Debbie, and I love what you did with it. The colors are so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bundle will be headed my way sooner than later! Great projects. I smile that you used the egg carton. Those things sold out so fast but I haven't seen folks using them. I love that watermelon color with the yellow flowers. It says happy spring all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards and project! (Nice idea)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly